I read an article today about, “What a Barre Instructor Eats in a Day to Look (and feel) Fabulous.” Let me start by saying I love these types of articles. I always find it fascinating to read what famous people, CEOs, influencers, health/wellness/fitness people, eat, their daily routine, etc. I’ll also say that Sami Sweeney is an amazing woman and God bless her for her dedication and drive. I wish I had an ounce of that. This article got me to thinking, what does a typical day look like for me? Nobody will ever ask me, because who gives a shit about what I eat. But here it goes:
- 7:00 am – Some sort of cereal with almond milk and a two cups of coffee. If I’m feeling fancy, I might do toasted wheat bread with peanut butter, sliced bananas and honey OR vanilla yogurt with probably too much cinnamon raison granola.
- 10 to 11 am – A snack of some sort. Earlier this week I had veggie chips, I went through an orange phase last month. It’s always random.
- Noon – LUNCH! If I’m good I’ll bring in a turkey/ham sandwich I made at home with mustard, tomato and pepper jack cheese. Recently I’ve been getting Zoe’s Kitchen, Chick-Fil-A…bad. I truly feel guilty typing this. I always have good intentions over the weekend to pack lunches, meal prep, etc., but by the time the little one goes down or gives me some freedom all I want to do is anything BUT meal prep.
- 3 pm – The dreaded afternoon slump. Pistachos, more veggie chips, chocolate. This is embarrassing.
- 7:30 pm – I’ve being doing a lot of Trader Joe’s cauliflower rice stir fry. Super easy, squirt some soy sauce on and BOOM! Done! I can sit down to relax, eat, and watch This Is Us with nobody needing me. It’s one of my favorite times of day. Other go-to’s for dinner are frozen chicken cordon bleu, spaghetti, Territory meals. If you don’t know about Territory meals, it’s pretty awesome – check them out. Trying to use them to get me back on track (probably not the best solution to get back on track, but the food is delicious and they do all the work for you, bless them!).
Because I’ve been eating a little bit later a night I haven’t had the urge for a post-dinner snack of chocolate or a glass of milk (who does that?!).
So, no. My day looks nothing like Sami’s and most other people who are telling a renowned source what they eat throughout the day. But, it’s real. Life with a toddler is hectic and I’m doing my best. Do I need to do better? Yes, 100%. But it could be worse, right? I could be eating Chick Fil A every day and pizza every night (that sounds amazing).