Tis the season for bridal showers, weddings, baby showers, etc. For this reason, I will be posting a new “shower friendly” recipe each week. This week I’ll share the recipe for Tomato-Herb Mini Frittatas, a fabulous dish from Southern Living Magazine.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Italian three-cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 450º. Process first 4 ingredients in a blender until blended. Stir together chives and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Place 8 lightly greased 4-inch (6-oz.) ramekins on 2 baking sheets; layer tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, and chive mixture in ramekins. Pour egg mixture over top, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 7 minutes, placing 1 baking sheet on middle oven rack and other on lower oven rack. Switch baking sheets, and bake 7 to 8 more minutes or until set. Remove top baking sheet from oven; transfer bottom sheet to middle rack, and bake 1 to 2 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Tomato-Herb Frittata: Prepare recipe as directed, substituting a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish for ramekins and increasing bake time to 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Note: Mixture will rise about 1 inch above rim of baking dish. Hands-on time: 10 min.; Total time: 30 min.; Makes 8 servings.
- Give them a restaurant finish by topping them with mixed baby greens tossed with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.