There’s nothing greater than coming home from work to a kitchen filled with a wonderful aroma and knowing that dinner is ready to go! That’s why I love my crock pot. Here’s a truly delicious recipe for Shrimp and Chicken Jambalaya (thank you AllRecipes.com):
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a slow cooker, mix chicken, celery, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes with liquid, sugar, salt, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf. Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours.
- Remove bay leaf from the chicken mixture, and stir in orzo. Increase heat to High. Cook 15 minutes, until orzo is tender.
- Stir in shrimp, and cook 2 minutes, until shrimp are heated through.