When cleaning out my refrigerator last weekend I noticed I had some pie dough I needed to use. What better to make then an apple pie! I didn’t have time to get apples and make the filling from scratch, but I found a great canned filling recipe and it worked out perfectly!
- 9″ pie pan
- Pre-made pie dough in 9″ size
- 2 20 oz. cans of apple pie filling (can be found at your local grocery store in the baking section; Musselman’s is delicious)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out your pie dough into a 9″ pie pan.
- Fill the dough with 2 cans of apple pie filling.
- Roll our the second piece of pie dough on top, clamping the edges all round and creating a vent on top (I used a fork to do this).
- Put the pie in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and let the pie cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool then ENJOY!