With the fall weather comes colder temperatures; and with this I crave more “comfort food,” which seems to be hot food that involves carbs of some sort. I came across a Pizza Casserole recipe on Allrecipes.com, made a few minor tweaks, and it turned out absolutely delicious! It’s a great dish if you’re having friends over, or if you’re serving kids (I can’t imagine kids not liking this dish).
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 1 large can of Tomato sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (I used a low-fat version, but you can use whatever)
- 1.5 lbs of hamburger meat
- 1 package turkey pepperoni’s
- Tin foil
- 9 x 13 pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the meat and drain.
- Boil the noodles as directed.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of the pan (we’re starting the layering process here).
- Then spread half of the noodles on top of the sauce.
- Add half of the browned meat.
- On top of the meat, add some more sauce.
- Then the rest of the noodles.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the noodles.
- Then pour the rest of the meat on top.
- Then use the rest of your cheese.
- Now add the pepperoni’s on top.
- Cover with your tin foil, and put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take off the tin foil and let bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Take out your finished casserole, and let is set (and cool down) for about 15 minutes.